Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Molar extraction.. oouch!

Went to the vet for teeth scaling this morning.... Came back missing a back molar and four fronth teeth. Back molar was cracked and root decaying, so has to be extracted. Four front teeth (three below and one top) were loose, so have to be removed. No tumor found in the mouth cavity. The lump around the throat has reduced in size, so continue with antibiotics treatment. From inside the mouth, the lump looks like a hardened skin, according to the vet.

On the ride home I moved about in the carrier noisily. Once home, Cookie checked me out and I couldn't walk properly. My hind legs were weak. At home I kissed Mummy all over...
I am now taking PlaqueOff which contains especially selected seaweed: D1070. My drinking water is also added with Biotene, which contains two natural enzyme system that help remove plaque. Every night Mummy is also brushing my teeth using PetzLife Oral Care Gel, wild salmon oil.

I am only 5 years old, and I have lost six teeth..... Mummy is very worried...

2 comments:

Joey said...

Sorry to hear about that. But hey, you still look good despite the missing teeth.

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

You might not have too many teeth but it doesn't stop you from being a adorable dachsie & having a beautiful face.

We love ya...Mona & the Mommy too!!