Friday, September 19, 2008

Billie Jean is bitten by JRT, Winston

Billie Jean was at the dog run this morning. There was a JRT, Winston, playing fetch ball. Then he dropped his ball next to B J’s drinking cup, and started to drink the water. B J went over to smelled his ball. Winston got so possessive of his ball and he started to fight B J. B J quickly submitted! Winston’s owner quickly pulled up Winston who was showing his aggression. I didn’t know B J was bitten at the left leg. So I quickly walked B J out of the dog run. Nicki’s Mummy pointed out to me that B J was limping. And I saw blood gushing out of her left leg. I quickly carried B J in my arm and Nicki’s Mummy came to rescue. We cleaned up the wound, poured water over it, and wiped it with tissue paper. B J was traumatized. As I was so traumatized myself, I did not take down Winston’s owner’s handphone number.

Now B J is at the vet. Her left leg was shaved so that the vet can check her wound thoroughly. B J is so scared that her gum appears whitish, not pinkish. My T-shirt is bloody from carrying B J. Painkiller is injected. She is sedated and the wound will be stitched up. I will be picking her up from the vet later this afternoon.

No comments: