Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Food for me - Baked Tempeh

Tempeh, is fermented soya beans. It is made by a natural culturing and controlled fermentation process that binds soya beans into a cake form. It is especially popular on the island of Java, where it is a staple source of protein. Mummy and Buttercup have been trying to become vegetarians.. after they watched the videos of animal cruelty in slaughter houses.. So now Mummy eats Tempeh for protein.. and I also eat Tempeh for treats.. But I hope I will not become vegetarian because I love my meat.


The sliced tempeh is ready to be baked.

The baked tempeh is very crunchy and I LOVE it!

Manis the kitten is playing with Odie. Odie is a sweet dog.. He is not afraid of cats.

Manis loves Odie's tail.. She keeps pawing at the tail.. So funny little kitten.

2 comments:

DoMoFi said...

wow looks yummy!

Taffy said...

Do you like it? I looks like treats to me...yum! Hope Cookie is doing okay with all those missing teeth.
Love and hugs,
Twix