Sunday, July 19, 2009

Visiting the Vet For Dental Problems


The red dot on Cookie's left top gum that Mummy thought was ulcer, is still there. The vet said that it is root abscess. Root abscess is pus enclosed in the tissues of the jaw bone at the tip of an infected tooth. Usually the abscess originates from a bacterial infection that has accumulated in the soft pulp of the tooth. As Cookie is ten years old, the vet did some tests for her liver, kidney and heart functions before we could decide if Cookie can go through general anesthesia. Her urea was too high.. so the vet did another test on her urine, and it was concentrated. So the vet said that her urea was high may be due to dehydration and not kidney problems. Cookie was very coorperative to urine for Buttercup in a container! Cookie is such a good girl! Cookie will be going for dental treatment on Tuesday.

This is our vet clinic. In the past I went to the vet at Namly Place.

Do you think he is a wired-hair dachshund? We met him at the clinic.

At the clinic, Cookie was very well-behaved, good girl. I was growling and barking at the people and doggie friends. I was a bad girl at the clinic.

Every Thursday Mummy gives me a dried kangaroo backbone to chew. And this time, I cracked my right pre-molar. My cracked tooth bled when Buttercup was brushing it. The tooth pulp is bleeding. The vet pressed my tooth and it did not hurt. But now there is a hole which bacteria can breed easily. So I have to brush teeth even more diligently from now on. There is no vet in Singapore whom can seal my tooth. It is a very healthy tooth. So Mummy does not want to remove the tooth. So from now on, we will not be getting anymore bones to chew, except fish cartilage. Mummy will grind the bones so that we still get the calcium.

4 comments:

DoMoFi said...

Cookie will be fine. :) She is such a sweetie!

Taffy said...

Awww...Cookie I hope all goes well. I'm sure that tooth hurts so this will make it all better. What is it about us doxies and our ability to chew, BillieJean? Crazy isn't it? Let us know how Cookie does.
Love and hugs,
Twix

Alfie's Mum said...

Hi BJ/Cookie, ask your Mum give U organic apple cider vinegar either in drinking water or a teaspoon in your food. It will help dissolve your uric acids. Fi was given ACV weekly!

oolong cha said...

Hey Cookie,heal soon. I want to see you soon!

BJ: You are so naughty to growl and bark in the clinic. Be a good girl the next time and don't disturb other patients ok :)

Woof woof
Nika